Thursday, April 17, 2008

Springy spring spring spring

It's spring! The daffodils are blooming! Still waiting on the tulips and iris, but hey, I can be patient (Mom, D, don't laugh).

Near these daffodils are two "bushes" that had turned into trees -- leggy and tall. They hadn't been pruned in a few years, which is weird, because the former owners of our house seemed to keep everything else trimmed and well kept. So, anyway, a few weeks ago, I cut them way back, but I don't think they'll bush out at this point, so they need to go. I got some pretty azaleas (one white, one pink) at Costco to replace them, now it's a matter of digging out the old stuff, which I have discovered is way easier said than done. I've transplanted some daffodils that were in the way, but this is not going to be easy. It's so nice out, I actually got sweaty doing yard work. But after this winter, I'm really not complaining... yet.

The wrap front sweater from Little Sweet Peas is almost done. I'd show you, but Blogger is being aggravating and not letting me post any more pictures. Promise I'll show you soon.

No comments: