Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Baby toes



Here is Bean's perfect baby foot.
D. might allow pictures at some point; he is rather protective of both of us. When telling his college friends about Princess M. he asked for donations to a shotgun fund. We would have had a shotgun couriered to us from one of his friends if Illinois did not have such strict gun laws. All I have to say is any boy wanting to date the Bean better watch out.

Last Friday I had my six-week post-partum appointment with the midwife and I was given the go ahead to exercise. I had gotten back down to pre-baby weight, but since that was much higher than I was comfortable with already, I wanted to get moving. I discovered that if I put the Bean in the Baby Bjorn and ride the recumbent bike, I can get some knitting done at the same time. I'm a multi-tasking fiend!

Speaking of knitting...

Here are clogs I made for my mom, pre-felting. I will be sending them to her in this condition for her to felt. A front-loading washing machine came with our house, and because they are more gentle on clothes it makes felting more difficult; also, if she felts them, she can get them to the perfect size for her more easily than I can 2,000 miles away. Before I send them, I have to finish a pair for my dad, too. I'm interested to see how the Andean varigated yarn felts up -- I hope it doesn't get too muddy looking.

Thank you for your support of this new blog, up next, fingers... and an overview of some knitting books I have recently purchased.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My guys went to the shooting range today. #1 is getting a FOID card of his own on his next B-day :)