Thursday, August 20, 2009

Margaret tells me a joke

This story requires a little set up. First, and most important, Margaret knows where hair grows and if you ask her will point to her head (or even lift up some hair) and say, "Hair," or her approximation of the word. Second:


So, the other day, Margaret and I were sitting on the couch in the evening (rather, I was sitting, she was running, jumping and climbing on it) and she came over to me, pulled up a few pieces of my hair on each side of my head and said (rather clearly), "Paghetti." I about had a coronary laughing.

On Saturday we went to the Brookfield Zoo. We got there for opening, but only stayed a couple hours. It was warm, Margaret started getting tired, and the stroller was a pain (can't take it into lots of the buildings and it's too low for her to see a bunch). But, I saw a couple there who had the hiking type child carriers with built in frames that looked like a much better option. So, I found a great one on Craigslist and am ready the next time we head to the zoo. The best part of picking up the carrier was that it was on the way to Nan's! So we got to hang out with the lovely Nan and head to The Fold! Tuesday was good.

Wednesday we got to hang out with the wonderful Jen and family!

In knitting news, I left my qiviut smoke ring outside in a camp chair while Margaret and I went on a walk with our neighbors. Later that day we had a torrential downpour, during which my knitting not only was soaked, but submerged. Luckily, Dave saved it (and squeezed, but did not wring the knitting -- good man) and I've been able to make progress since then.

The good part about the rain is the puddles:

1 comment:

YogaNan knits, too... said...

Life is good when you can share a good joke with friends!

-Nan xoxo