Citron and an illusion scarf that I've designed. I'll talk more about those and post pictures when they are done, but so far, I am enjoying them. I mostly knit the Citron while waiting in the pick-up/drop-off lines at Margaret's school because except for 4 rows out of 20, it's just stockinette, so I don't have to think about it too much.
Today, I'm finally blocking a shawl I started about two years ago. It's the Beaded Shawl from Vogue Knitting's 2008 Holiday issue. I bought two skeins of Sophie's Toes yarn in Crimson and dark red glass beads to make the shawl. I loved working with the yarn and seeing it all come together, but after a repeat or so of the second chart section, it languished in UFO hell. I don't know why, there is no explanation, but there it sat. Until a couple months ago when I decided it was high time the shawl was finished. While working on it this time, however, I realized I would not have enough yarn to work the shawl full size. Considering the yarn is hand-dyed and two years old (even though Emily is marvelously talented), I didn't think there was a possibility of getting more yarn in the same dye lot. When I thought about it, though, the pattern calls for lace weight and I was using fingering weight and with all the beads, if I did make it full size, it would be huge and really heavy, so, I only did 5 total repeats of the second chart section. Also, instead of the bind-off in the pattern (which while ok-ish in lace weight, would have been far too bulky in fingering weight), I just did this simple beaded bind-off.
You can see the shawl in the background of the picture above (Margaret asked me to take a picture of her making a silly face), here are a couple others. None are great, as the sky outside is rather cloudy. I'll try to have a better photo shoot when it's dry.
I'm just glad I got around to blocking it, and took it out of the sink in the powder room before Dave got home and wanted to wash his hands.