Monday, May 7, 2012

Is there confusion?

Last night I woke up and my stomach was churning with acid and I was having a mild panic reaction to the thought that I might have given the wrong impression about Beth Smith from The Spinning Loft in my last post.  Did I?  I don't know, I'm kind of afraid to go back and read it now.  The only reason I didn't write this post last night at 3am is that Alice was sleeping in the Pack 'N Play in our room because we had company and their child was in her crib; I didn't want to wake up Alice (which leaving would have done) and I didn't want to possibly wake up our company.  So, during naptime, it is.

Anyway, the gist of it is this... she is an awesome and inspiring teacher.  She is kind and helpful and wonderful.  If there was anyone in the class that she didn't like, she did not show it at all and was gracious.  There was one person who wanted help with things that were not covered in the class description and while she shut them down, she was not at all rude about it and I don't think the person left thinking they had been rebuked (which they really hadn't, except in the imaginary conversation that happened in my brain). 

So, was there confusion before?  Is there now?  Well, I hope not.  If there wasn't before, well, the acid in my stomach at 2am was telling me a different story, and I don't want to wake up tonight and think there might have been someone who read this (hahahaha!) that decided not to take a class with Beth because of something I said.  There is another teacher (who I shall not name) who I wouldn't take another class with, but Stringtopia teachers were GREAT!

Knitting and spinning news will have to wait... the girls are napping which means it is time for MY nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My last comment didn't show up--I'll try again. No, you were pretty clear, as was Beth. The student was out of line--that was not what the class was about, and she was clear about that. No worries!

So go take a walk with the girls, have a cup of tea, and breathe!

Love you,
Nan

Unknown said...

For the record, I never got a negative impression, so no stress tonight!