- My parents came to visit in June.
- I had surgery on my right foot to remove a neuroma (that had been there for 15 years) while my parents were here. It made life so much easier to have their help with Margaret while I was immobilized!
- A couple months ago I was putting sunscreen on Margaret, when she pointed to the D in the word KIDS on the tube and said, "D!"
- Margaret recognizes D, I, M, O, E, P and sometimes T.
- She also knows the numbers 1, 8, and sometimes 2, 4 and 5. Crazy!
- My dad's sweater is stalled on the sleeves. When he came to visit, I had done some, and they were too narrow, so I frogged to the cuff (not too far) and started again from there. When I see him in a couple weeks I'll check my progress and continue.
- My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks and we're going to California for the wedding!
- I knit most of the Short Jacket from Feminine Knits with some lovely brown wool my sister got me on the Aran Islands a few years ago. However, there is not enough for the collar, and I'm not sure there is enough of the dark green she got me, either, so it is on hold.
- I got a cute Owl kit at Stitches last year and am finally working on it again after putting it down quite some time ago.
- I started the Frost Flowers Jacket from Feminine Knits. I'm using Rowan's RYC Silk Wool DK and am in love. The pattern is the main reason I got the book, it is beautiful!
- Margaret started the Children's Day Out Program at Knox Presbyterian this June. She has a fun time and likes to hug her friends.
- We went to the Phillips Park Zoo today.
- I want to shear the llama they have at the zoo. Do you think they get a lot of questions about how one could go about obtaining the hair?
- We got a fence around our backyard July 1st! I love it, I can actually sit on the back deck and knit a bit while Margaret runs around and I don't have to worry that she'll run into the street.
- We got Margaret a Grover doll that she is in love with. She walks around with "Gro-go" and talks to him. She also talks about him as we come downstairs first thing in the morning. She also likes The Count.
- Dave and I got to go to a Cubs game with friends July 2nd. The friends live in So. Cal. and we hadn't seen them since they got married two years ago, so it was great to see them. The Cubs won that game with 4 HRs (including a grand slam by Derek Lee) so it was a really fun game to watch. And it was my first time at Wrigley. FUN!
Monday, July 13, 2009
I realize it has been quite a while since I've written anything here. The only time I can really think about what I want to say is when I'm trying to go to sleep at night, and well, the computer isn't near my bed ... therefore, no posting. So, this post is going to be a bullet post of stuff that's been going on, in no particular order.